Monday, May 19, 2008

MLA 2008: Technology Trends Panel

This AM I participated in the Technology Trends Panel. While we have several conference calls and many email messages, I enjoy hearing the other panelists speak as if I were in the audience. Rikke Ogawa also does an excellent job as a Google jockey (I hear she is available for parties) and Susan Lessick is great at herding the cats.

We had hoped to have the panel in a more informal setup using stools and simply pass the microphone. The cost for the chairs was quoted at $200 a piece! Somehow I can't even image needing to bring a tie to Hawaii. Sandals would seem to be the more appropriate attire.

Oh, and if you find that you have accidentally taken an audience response clicker, please contact me to arrange return.

photo: Tech Trends Audience Sphere: Related Content

2 comments:

The Krafty Librarian said...

Perhaps we should have it next year on the beach with some Coronas (or other drinks of choice). That would be pretty informal and I don't think the Hilton will charge $200 for the towels to sit on the sand.

Eric Schnell said...

Don't give them any ideas!!